SPS is proud to hold ISO 14001 Environmental Management Certification. This pledge, further highlights Subsea Piping Solution’s ongoing commitment to protecting the environment.
Steven Mitchell, Director of Subsea Piping Solutions, comments: “This is a great initiative and we’re really pleased to support it. We’re looking forward to taking full advantage of the resources available through the scheme and learning more about recycling and waste reduction, which in turn, will help us further protect the environment and reduce waste.”
As part of the pledge, Subsea Piping Solutions has agreed to:
1. Seek ways to avoid landfill sites as being the destination for our waste.
2. Segregate key recyclable materials including: metals; plastics; glass; paper and card.
3. Investigate organic waste composting & recycling.
4. All our Waste Electrical or Electronic Equipment (WEEE) to be re-used, repaired and/or recycled.
5. Consider re-using, recycling and treatment options for our hazardous wastes.
6. Share best practice and any successes or challenges in our quest to avoid landfill.
7. Create a working environment that is conducive to effective waste management.
8. Ensure all waste management systems support the company’s environmental and commercial objectives.
The ‘Not for Landfill’ campaign is run by Waste Management Company, One Stop Waste. For more information visit: http://www.onestopwaste.com/not-for-landfill/not-for-landfill-campaign/